Recipe of the Month is this delicious Almond and Coconut cake- gluten free! Put this easy recipe to the test!
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 120g desiccated coconut
- 370g almond meal
- A pinch salt
- 520g of caster sugar
- 8 eggs; beaten
- 200g of butter, melted and cooled
- Flaked almonds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Line a 1/2 size chaffing dish with baking paper (24cm x 30cm x 6cm)
2. Mix the coconut, almond, salt and sugar together
3. Beat eggs with butter and vanilla until light in colour and fluffy with electric mixer (whisk)
4. Mix all the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients
5. Simply pour into a lined tin and cook at 180 degrees for approximately 30 mins.