What is Tofu?
Tofu in Chinese words is called 豆腐. For Asian countries, tofu has been used in the cuisine for many decades but it is still considered a comparatively new type of food in Western countries. Tofu is one of the favorite foods especially for vegetarians and is a substitution for cheese and meat.
In case you have no idea what is tofu all about, tofu is actually made of curdled soybean milk. It has a mundane taste and most people are typically called it ‘chameleon-like’ since it comes out with the flavor of the food it’s being cooked with. For this reason, tofu works extremely well with a lot of different recipes.
For the healthy eating purpose, the consumption of a tofu dish can bring you a lot of health benefits. Tofua is featured with low calories and high protein ingredients, and the best thing is it contains no cholesterol. Research has announced in which the soy protein present in tofu could very well help in reducing the chances of getting heart disease.
If you are interested in making tofu dishes and would like to have some easy tofu recipes, then I’m here prepare you with some simple tofu recipes that you can use to make for you and your family to consume.
1 pkg firm or regular tofu
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
1/2 green pepper diced
Crumble tofu with a fork. In a pan, add olive oil and garlic and cook on low heat for one minute. Add tofu, green onions, green peppers, and salt. Raise heat and cook for about 5 minutes stirring often. Excellent substitute for scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Simple Tofu Recipes with Vegetables
The Gourmet Kitchen offers an extensive recipe collection including Rice recipes. Use The Gourmet Kitchen and you’ll never run out of recipe ideas again! Below is a recipe for Simple Tofu Vegetables…enjoy!
2 each onion, cubed
1 each bell pepper, green, cubed
1/2 pound mushrooms, fresh, halved
1 pound tofu, cubed
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon sage
In hot oil, saute onions until limp. Add pepper, mushrooms, tofu, seeds, water & herbs. Simmer until vegetables are limp.
Serve over cooked rice.
Simple Baked Tofu
1 (16 ounces) package firm tofu
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper or 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cube tofu.
2. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Let marinate in the fridge for about one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350.
5. Place tofu on a cooling rack with a baking pan underneath to catch excess liquid.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, turn tofu and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
Simple Tofu Egg Loaf
48 8 ounce servings; 4 9×13 or 2 12×20 pans
Bakes about 1 hour at 300 degrees
The mayonnaise in this recipe provides a richness and texture which makes tofu more attractive to non-vegetarians.
10 pounds extra-firm tofu, cut into 2″ squares
1 tablespoon salt
3 pounds chopped water chestnuts
2 pounds shredded carrots
3 pounds canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
OR 5 pounds fresh mushrooms with stems, sauteed and chopped
1 pound green onions, sliced
25 large beaten eggs
1 1/2 quarts mayonnaise
1 to 2 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 1/2 quarts thick mushroom or tomato gravy/sauce
OR 1 50 ounces can condense cream of mushroom soup
Grease or spray 4 9×13 or 2 12×20 baking pans, set aside. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
In a large pot, cook tofu in boiling water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 5 minutes to firm texture slightly. You may omit this step if using previously frozen-thawed tofu which you squeeze and drain.
Drain, cool and crumble tofu. Stir in water chestnuts, carrots, mushrooms, and green onions.
Mix eggs, mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Pour over tofu mixture and mix well.
Evenly divide the tofu mixture into the pans.
Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes. Top each pan with 1/2 gravy or soup. Bake until internal temperature is 140 degrees F or higher and loaf is set, about 30 minutes.
Cut into 48 portions. Hold at 140 degrees F or higher.
Easy Tofu Recipes
Oriental Tofu Recipes
Homemade Tofu Recipe
– 1 Tofu
– half a green pepper
– 1 red pepper
– 1 carrot pieces
– 6 mushrooms
– 3 baby corns
– a little fungus
– soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon
– MSG 1/2 tsp
– bean paste 1/2 tsp
– hot pepper sauce 1/2 tsp
– sugar 1/2 tsp
– a little wine
– white powder water 1 tablespoon
1. Slice the tofu and put in 70-degree hot pan to fry until golden brown, picked up the drain reserve.
2. Slice green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, baby corns into small slices, cut mushrooms and red pepper into small pieces, then put aside.
3. Slightly fry the red peppers, then add green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, baby corns, mushrooms to stir-fry together.
4. Add water and stir-fry all the seasoning evenly, then pour the fried tofu and cook about 1 minute, you can use cornstarch and drip a few drops of sesame oil into it.
Mapo Tofu Recipe
– 1 Tofu
– 2 mushrooms
– some cooked peas
– half a stick of red pepper
– 2 baby corns
– 2 water chestnuts
– soy sauce 1/2 tablespoons
– sugar 1/2 tsp
– cornstarch water 1 tablespoon
– a little sesame oil
1. Slice tofu, mushrooms, chopped red peppers, baby corn, and water chestnuts into small pieces.
2. Heat the pan, pour some oil into it, put in mushrooms and red peppers first into the pan.
3. Follow by put in the rest of the ingredients and seasoning. Adding tofu, soy sauce, sugar, some water and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Finally, thicken with cornstarch and water, and drip a little sesame oil.
Vegan Tofu “Tiramisu”
Homemade whipped lotion and tofu lotion with a hint of Marsala wine.
Layered with chocolate sponge cake, that is soaked in natural coffee.
This tiramisu is amazingly created with Tofu. Pastry Chef Chie utilizes normal tofu and home-made tofu (She called “home-made whipped cream”) to obtain the depth of flavor. This “home-made tofu” flavored with almonds, bittern, and yam, then flavoring with powerful natural coffee and traditional Marsala wine.
Arrive on and attempt this incredible wholesome dessert!