Veggie Burger Recipe for Vegans and Vegetarians
It is not essential for you to be a vegetarian or vegan in order to savor an excellent veggie burger recipe. Veggie burgers could be savored by vegetarians, vegans, and anyone who wishes to have a more healthy meal.
Veggie burgers could be easily obtainable by buying from your local veggie food store but they can cost you quite some money. If you want to save the money, then you may want to prepare yourself by referring to some easy veggie burger recipes.
When you consume some tasty veggie burgers which are not cooked and are filled only with vegetables and other healthy vegetable ingredients, you may never want the regular hamburger anymore. And for people who have already consumed raw food, this veggie burger recipe could be another healthy recipe to include in their already healthy way of living.
There are a variety of ingredients can put in veggie burgers such as white beans, black beans, chickpeas, lentils, potatoes, as well as any vegetable that could be mashed and made a patty.
Below are some vegetarian burger recipes which are not only vegan and vegetarian, but they are also some of the easiest and simplest veggie burger recipes that can be prepared by most people.
Veggie Burger Recipe
- 1 cup (dry measure) millet
- Tbsp fresh mint
- 2 beets (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp untoasted sesame oil or olive oil
- Some sea salt
Vegetarian Burger Recipe Directions:
- You can start to cook the millet, rinse it with water, drain it and remove any dirt that you found.
- For every 1 cup of millet, add 2 cups of water.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt in the water and boil it.
- Let it boil for a few minutes and then turn the heat to low and simmer for around 20 minutes. When it gets dry, then the millet is cooked. (Remember not to stir the millet while it’s cooking)
- Grate the beets and mix them into the cooked millet in a large bowl. Stir through the chopped salt and mint, stir to combine them all.
- Add olive oil or sesame to the mixture if you want to bake the burgers and stir it through. When the mixture is formed in the burgers, place a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at about 350 degrees F in a preheated oven.
- If you want to fry the veggie burgers, don’t add the oil to the mixture.
- Heat a pan to medium, add a teaspoon of oil and place the burgers in, rubbing a bit of the oil on the base of each.
- Having them to cook for 5-7 minutes. When the burgers have turned to golden brown on one side, flip them and get a bit of oil on the base. Have them to cook on this side for 5-7 minutes as well and it is done.
Mushroom Veggie Burger Recipes
You can use mushrooms to add flavor to the patty as for mushrooms, they are the closest taste and texture to meat when cooked. You may as well add pinto beans so that the burger will provide you with high fiber and protein.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 pieces of green onions (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 15oz. can of pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 0.75 cups of fresh mushrooms (diced)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
Directions for Mushroom Vegetarian Burger Recipe:
- Sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- When the onions become soft, add in mushrooms, cumin, and green onions.
- Cook them for another 5 minutes and when the mushrooms are cooked, you may put them aside first for the moment.
- Mash the beans with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix the mushrooms with the beans before adding the pepper, salt, and parsley. Stir them.
- Shape the mixture to form patties and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook all patties until they turn to brown color and well done. This process is estimated to take 3 minutes for each side.
The Ultimate Vegetarian Burger Recipe
If you think vegetarians cannot have burgers, then you are wrong. Here is a complete vegetarian burger recipe that you can prepare which are using a lot of vegetables together with small tofu. The patties are enriched with fiber and also you will only have lower fat content in the food. This vegetarian burger recipe is very suitable for vegans as well. If you are interested in learning how to prepare this, then you can just follow the recipe and you will have your burger in no time:
Ingredients for Vegetarian Burger:
- Corn Kernels – 1/2 a cup
- Diced mushrooms – 7
- Scallions reduce into cubes – 3
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Minced garlic – 2 cloves
- Half of the red bell pepper – reduce into cubes
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Grated potato – 1 litter
- A quarter cup of silken tofu
- Half a cup of bread crumbs
Make the veggie burgers with this vegetarian burger recipe
First, mix tofu in a food processor until you receive a soft velvety texture.
Carry a pan with one tbsp of olive oil and stir fry the diced vegetables and corn for about 5 minutes. Then toss in garlic and cumin, stir it to close for 1 minute.
Carry the pan off the heat and blend in the grated carrot, potato, pepper, tofu, and salt. Mix in the bread crumbs until you see the ingredients firming up. Now make patties from this veggie blend and put them in the fridge for not less than 60 minutes.
Now pour the remaining olive oil inside a pan and let it get hot. Subsequent, dip the patties one by one and fry the two sides until they are having enough fried.
Make vegan burgers with these patties and veggie.
These vegetarian burgers are rich in carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and proteins. Now your vegetarian burgers are ready and you can just enjoy yourself with this wholesome snack.